This page provides a quick overview of what self-sequestering means for residents of campus housing at UC Berkeley.
Self-sequestering means minimizing in-person interactions for a limited time.
If you are unvaccinated, you are required to self-sequester when you move in.
For how long?
Seven days or as long as indicated by UHS
During the self-sequester period:
- Stay in your own room. Check out online events offered by your residence hall staff. If you live in an apartment, please plan to cook for yourself or make arrangements for food to be delivered to you.
- You may leave your room for essential activities such as:
- Using the bathroom/shower
- Picking up meals or accepting deliveries
- Solo outdoor exercise (walking, jogging, biking, etc.)
- Getting vaccinated
- Getting your regular COVID-19 test or other health care
- Doing laundry and picking up mail
- You may not attend classes, events or in-person gatherings, whether indoors or outdoors.