1950 Oxford Street
We are pleased to announce the grand opening in Fall 2024 of Helen Diller Anchor House, offering UC Berkeley transfer students a transformational design that reimagines the student residential experience in a prime gateway location across the street from the western edge of campus. A hub of connection and belonging for transfer students, Anchor House will offer residents multiple community spaces and community resources.
Each fully-furnished apartment features single bedrooms, large openable windows that provide abundant natural light and air, a full kitchen with appliances, central air conditioning and in-unit washer and dryer. A certified LEED Gold building, Anchor House will incorporate environmentally friendly design elements as well as amenities fostering health and wellness, including an indoor-outdoor fitness center, yoga studio, meditation rooms, and multiple outdoor spaces. Additional details of the building’s design and construction can be found on the Capital Strategies website.
- Fully-furnished apartments with single bedrooms
- 244 apartments with 772 individual bedrooms
- 47 studio apartments
- 30 two-bedroom one-bath apartments
- 3 three-bedroom two-bath apartments
- 164 four-bedroom two-bath apartments
- Extensive community spaces and resources, including 8,600 square foot fitness center, spacious lounges and meeting rooms, community room with kitchen, outdoor courtyards and terrace patios
- Academic year contracts, inclusive of winter break; option for summer housing contract if desired
- Proceeds from Anchor House’s net operating revenue will fund annual scholarships for Pell Grant-eligible students, selected on the basis of academic and personal achievement.
Who’s Eligible to Apply?
Undergraduate transfer students: Newly-admitted transfer students as well as current students who initially entered UC Berkeley as a transfer student in 2023-24.
Fully Furnished Apartments
Each apartment includes:
- Furnished living room including dining table and chairs, sofa, armchair, nesting coffee tables
- Furnished single bedrooms including bedframe and mattress, nightstand, 3-compartment wardrobe armoire, shelving, desk chair, window shade and built-in study desk situated in front of openable windows for access to natural light and air
- Full kitchens with major appliances including refrigerator, 4-burner electric stove and oven, dishwasher, microwave, large compartment sink with disposal, upper and lower cabinets
- In-unit washer and dryer
- Central air conditioning and heating
- Wood plank flooring throughout
- Large windows with shades for daylight and privacy control
- 10-foot high ceilings in living areas
Residents of the building will have access to the following amenities:
- Large lounges and meeting rooms for study and social activities; meditation or study room on each floor
- 8,600 square foot indoor/outdoor fitness center and yoga studio
- Ample outdoor spaces: a central landscaped courtyard, multiple terraces and balconies with views of campus and San Francisco Bay
- Electronic cardkey access to building, elevators, apartment and bedroom
- High speed WiFi throughout building
- Utilities included: electricity, water, garbage, recycling, and compost
- Professional live-in staff available 24/7
- Secure indoor bicycle storage
- The Pantry off the central courtyard provides space where groups can prepare and share meals
- Rooftop vegetable garden
- Maker’s Space run by the Berkeley Art Studio with classes for students and the community
- Transfer Student Center satellite offices
- 11,000 square feet of ground floor retail, including Cal Store, Café De Casa, and Palmetto Superfoods.
Virtual 360° Apartment Tour
A 4-bedroom, 2-bath apartment in Helen Diller Anchor House
Anchor House Floor Plans
- 4-Bedroom Apartment
- 3-Bedroom Apartment
- 2-Bedroom Apartment
- Studio Apartment