Maintenance Request (All housing managed by UC Berkeley)
Maintenance Request (need CalNet ID)
Residence Halls and Undergraduate Apartments
Appeals Board Process:
The Appeals Board is designed to formally and confidentially review appeals from students who were not approved for contract cancellation through the normal process of finding a replacement for your contract. Only cases of extreme hardship will be considered. Finding alternate housing is not a valid reason for appeal, and appeals due to alternate housing will not be granted. Appeals related to roommate conflicts will not be granted, as the student must engage in the roommate mediation process and, if applicable, the room transfer process. For all financial appeals, students must show that they have exhausted all possible options provided by the Financial Aid Office, including loans. For medical and mental health appeals, the student typically must have engaged in the ADA accommodations process. The Appeals Board is the final decision-maker on such requests. Filing an appeal does not guarantee cancellation.
The Appeals Board meets twice a month from September through May, excluding weekends and University holidays. Outcomes are sent the following week on Fridays, but delays occur when the outcome date falls on a holiday.
Appeals Board Dates Spring 2024:
Residence Hall Cancellation Request Form:
- The 2023-24 Residence Hall Cancellation Form has moved online.
- For requests to cancel, please go to portal.housing.berkeley.edu and log in with your CalNetID.
- Locate the “Online Forms” link in the top left, and select the “Cancellation Form.”
- Follow the prompts there to select the 2023-24 term and submit the cancellation request form to our office.
- You will receive an email confirming that we have received your request. You will be contacted separately if your cancellation is granted.
Important Note: A PDF version of the form is available. Please email email@example.com you have difficulty accessing the online form following the instructions above.
Residence Hall Contract Transfer Request Form:
Prior to submitting a Room Transfer Request, current residents of the Residence Halls and Undergraduate Apartments should review the Room Change Request Process document. After reviewing the Room Change Request Process document, residents can submit a Room Transfer Request online.
The Room Transfer Process is Now Online!
Students living in the undergraduate residence halls and apartments interested in a room change may submit the Room Transfer Request at roompact.berkeley.edu in the “Forms” section. (Students looking to request a transfer for the space they have been offered, but have not yet move in will have a link in their offer email to a google form that can be completed to request a room transfer)
Before submitting the form, please review the Room Change Policies.
For requests being made while actively living in the room you wish to transfer out of, a Cal Housing staff member will contact you within 7-10 days of submitting this form with an update on your request. This does not mean your room change will occur within this timeframe, simply that you will be provided with the status of your request.
- For Requests being made prior to moving in, your request will remain active up until the time that we are able to offer you a room transfer, or until you move in. After move-in you will need to submit a new room transfer request to confirm that you are still interested in a room transfer.
The room change policy and availability of rooms may shift and change throughout the year as impacted by COVID-19 public health considerations
Intent to Vacate Notice (PDF) (for University Village only)
Sample Rental Agreement (PDF) (for University Village only)